If you are ordering stickers from Sticker Robot, please be aware of certain limitations in successfully printing various designs using the CMYK silkscreening process. This four-color process uses 120 line colored transparent dots. What may seem like a solid line in the original artwork will now be composed of dots. Certain designs or elements of designs will not work well in our process. They are the following:
- Regular or condensed type below 8 points that is any color but black.
- Reversed out type against a solid background 8 points or less that is any color but white.
- Type of any style of 10 points or less that is any thing but black against a picture.
- Outlines or surround lines that are less than 2 points.
- With any CMYK silkscreening, we are working with process color, so there can be very minor resulting streaks and dots. The subtle dithering is entirely due to the CMYK process. It can be more noticeable with certain colors than others. In order to get a large area of solid color, it is necessary to do a custom pantone run with chosen spot PMS colors.
If you are ordering stickers through stickerobot.com please read and understand our disclaimers as listed below:
- 4-color process printing can produce some color variation. The color on your sticker may vary slightly from the color in the digital file. Although the colors are usually pretty close to the original file we cannot guarantee color accuracy. There can be as much as a 15% color shift. Color accuracy is theoretically possible with 50% of the PMS colors using 4-color process printing. The other 50% of the PMS colors are somewhere between close and not even close with perfect printing application. We expect to be somewhere within 1.5 PMS colors, either up or down. Replacement is only at our discretion.
- Cutting/die cutting is the least accurate process in making a sticker and the cut on your sticker can vary as much as 3/32" in any direction from the original position so plan your art work accordingly. We cannot guarantee the cut accuracy but we try for tighter accuracy. Replacement is only at our discretion.
- Back scoring/splitting is not currently offered.
- Registration accuracy is not guaranteed. We generally are trying to hold accuracy across the printed sheet to within a 1/4 point but it can vary as much as 3/4 of a point and still be within what we consider "Sellable." This is silkscreen printing not offset printing and the different equipment results in different abilities.
- The ship date that we are aiming for is two weeks from the time we receive your payment and press ready artwork. There is no guarantee of the actual ship date. White vinyl orders of 250 & 500 and clear vinyl orders can take longer because we need to fill up a sheet before we can print your stickers, and most orders are for 1,000 or more white vinyl stickers so those sheets fill up faster. As a result, the actual ship date can be as much as 8 weeks after the start of production.
Our guarantee is to do our best to bring you the best quality sticker for the most competitive price. If you have a complaint as to quality issues on stickers you have ordered and received, there are no refunds, only reprints of the exact same design.
- Any disputed stickers must be sent back to us for evaluation. Upon receipt of same, we will evaluate, taking into consideration the artwork provided and the list of our disclaimers shown above.
- If part of the sticker design was not printed due to errors on the part of Sticker Robot, then we will reprint the file on the next available gang run.
- If smears, extra print marks, and blurred prints occur due to mishandled printing, though rare, will be reprinted at our discretion depending on the amount of stickers affected, the size of the mark/smear in relation to the size of the detail in the design. If it is a small percentage of your stickers we can refund that portion of your order at our discretion.
OVERAGES / SHORTAGES
- Overages and shortages are part of the gang run process. We run up to 10% overs and any extra stickers that are good quality are shipped to the customer at no extra charge. Conversely, we infrequently have problems that can result in shortages to your order. Please contact Sticker Robot if such a shortage occurs.
- In the event that the shipping company damages or loses part of or all of your job, contact Sticker Robot immediately. Sticker Robot will, at its own discretion reprint the job on the next available gang run.