Our Sticker Quality
Digital vs Silkscreen Printing
When it comes to quality, there is a huge difference between digitally printed stickers and silkscreen stickers. If you're a meat eater, it's like comparing taco bell beef to grass fed filet mignon. If you're a vegetarian, it's like comparing hydroponic, pesticide treated iceberg lettuce to organically grown mescal lettuce. If you're a robot, it's nuts vs bolts. Two totally different products, where the comparisons could go on and on.
We literally print the highest quality stickers, using the highest quality materials available - and we are constantly improving and evolving our process.
While there are good uses for digitally printed stickers (return address labels, fruit labels, kid's party stickers, etc.) They are really only made to handle indoor and short term use. Even if they are printed on vinyl and laminated, the outdoor capability (regardless of what someone may tell you) is measured by months, where as silkscreen sticker's effective capabilities are measured by years.
Some Info About Digital vs Screen Printing
- Digitally printed materials are not weather proof, therefore only indoor use is recommended.
- Digitally printed materials effective outdoor capability is measured by months. Silkscreened materials are measured by years.
- Digitally printed inks will vary slightly in color from standard screen printed inks.
- Screen printed materials are weather proof and waterproof.
- Screen printed stickers may be used indoors and outdoors.
- Screen printed materials effective outdoor capability is 2000-3000% higher than Digital/Flexo materials.
- Screen printed ink is generally 10x-20x thicker than digital inks.
custom silkscreen process